What is Healing Touch?
- A relaxing, nurturing energy therapy
- Uses gentle, heart-centered touch to assist in balancing the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual well-being of the client.
- Enhances the body’s natural ability to heal by using the human energy centers and the energy bio-field.
- Works in harmony with standard medical care, and is complementary to other forms of health care treatment.
How can healing touch help me?
- Clients of Healing Touch often report an increased sense of well-being and peace.
- Many people report positive experiences that have helped them cope with illness or depression.
How is Healing Touch Used?
- To promote relaxation before and after medical procedures (such as surgery, childbirth and diagnostic procedures) and to aid in faster recovery
- To reduce acute and chronic pain
- To promote wound healing
- To reduce fatigue in cancer patients receiving radiation or chemotherapy
- To enhance and improve the immune system
- To assist in managing symptoms of chronic conditions like fibromyalgia, headaches, migraines, hypertension, depression, anxiety and a variety of other conditions
How does Healing Touch work?
- Theories suggest that living beings are energy systems and that an individual’s energy field is in constant interaction with the surrounding environment.
- Since the Healing Touch program is relatively new, research is still in the early stages.
What else should I know about Healing Touch?
- Healing Touch is not intended to replace, but rather to “complement” or work hand-in-hand with traditional medical treatment.
- Healing Touch is not a magic solution. Just as energy patterns are established over many weeks, months, or years, it takes time, effort, care and dedication for long-standing energy patterns to shift.
What can I expect from a typical healing touch session?
- You will complete a brief intake assessment and discuss your goals for treatment with the practitioner.
- You remain fully clothed during your session and lay on a massage table or sit comfortably in a recliner.
- A Healing Touch session can last 20 to 60 minutes (for a full body treatment) or 5 to 15 minutes (for a specific area).
- The practitioner will utilize a series of Healing Touch techniques which may include light touch or hand placement and hand movement above your body.
- At the end of your session the practitioner will ask you for feedback on your treatment experience.
- You will then develop a plan for self-care with the practitioner’s assistance.
- This may include a plan to continue with additional Healing Touch sessions.
- The practitioner will answer any questions you may have.
Are there any safety concerns?
- Because Healing Touch is a non-invasive energetic technique, there are no known safety concerns.
- Your practitioner will assess your individual needs and apply the appropriate energy therapies to serve your highest good.
Contact Brian Directly at email@example.com or 773-613-9163.
“The vibrations of life are within and without, and there is a oneness with the universe as we are connected… Healing has to come from within. The intellect cannot do it. It will take surrender.”
-Janet Mentgen, Healing Touch Founder
The Healing Touch Certificate Program and Healing Touch Beyond Borders are endorsed by the American Holistic Nurses Association.